Micrologix 1200 + 6" Panelview Storage Options

mike64b

Hi guys, I'm working on integrating HMI touchscreen (C600 panelview) control with my existing micrologix 1200 program. My program has quite a few selectable settings that in total probably span 5 or so integer files with 40 elements each. So 800 integers at most (note this is likely an exaggeration, but nothing wrong in being careful). Now, on the HMI side I've done some basic setting up of the interface but I'm not sure what to do about saving user configurations. Let's say we allow 5 configurations to be created and stored by the user. If I do this using strictly micrologix memory, this results in needing 800*5 = 4000 integers in total...Seems like quite a lot..

I'm wondering is it typical to store user configurations in micrologix memory or is there an alternative storage option built into the touchscreen for this type of thing (perhaps the SD card?) Are there any good example programs for the touchscreen that might demonstrate this? I think a good example might help me a long ways :)

Thanks,
Mike