S7-300 connection with Smar Fieldbus

Iman

Hey guys,
icon7.gif

I've a pilot plant that are controlled with Smar instruments with Fieldbus standard. I'm going to control the plant by S7-300 (PID control)and use the Smar instruments. In another word, I just want to implement the PID control in S7 and read and write the new value into the Smar. I have the OPC server in my station and connect all the devise through Industrial Ethernet to a Hub switch. But at this stage I don't know what should I do exactly to read the tag by S7 from Smar or OPC server and how to write the new value from S7 to Smar or OPC server. Do you recommend any idea or a good manual for this job? By the way I communicate station to S7 and station to Smar through industrial ethernet perfectly.
Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have a lot of coding and trial to do.

Unless I had a lot of spare time; with an S7300 I'd go for a standard fieldbus like profinet or profibus.

Kalle

Edit: You should check with Smar if they've already made functon blocks for S7 interfacing!

Last edited:
Is it possible to give me a tip or guide line how S7 can read the defined tags in OPC server? I mean, how S7 communicates with OPC server(any vendor).

We are changing the plan and we want to setup a direct connection between S7 and Smar fieldbus.Do you know any guideline for this connection? Both devices are conected through TCP/IP.