1769-L32E ... any news ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi, I hope that someone have some inside knowabout:

When is the 1769-L32E scheduled to be released ?
And, any idea of a suggested list price for this device ?

Why I am asking: I am eager to take the leap from PLC5/SLC500 to the Controllogix/compactlogix family. The problem is that the list price for the L35E is a little steep when compared to the SLC5/04 that is the current standard at my staple (+120 % !). The smaller L20 and L30 are out of the question.

You need RSL5K ver. 13 for that. So, before they havent released that software, L32 is useless. I think that you can take for excample L6x series to calculate the price.

For your information.

I just got the price from Rockwell Denmark: 13700 DKK.

Thats 26% less than the L35E, so you can calculate with your local price for the L35E to get your local price for the L32E.

Its still a bit hefty when compared with an SLC5/04 16k: +67%
For all its wonders, Ethernet adds further to the price because of the industrial grade Ethernet switches that are needed. So all in all, it means quite a noticeable jump in the price for me to go to CompactLogix.