Altivar32 Inverter via Ethernet/IP

lba_eng

Hi,
I need to determine whether an AB SLC5/05 plc processor (1747-L551C) can control an Altivar32 Inverter (with Ethernet comms module VW3A3616) via the plc's on-board ethernet port. I have already found i would be limited to Ethernet/IP explicit messages, but cannot get a clear answer on whether the Schneider inverter can handle this.

Any advice is appreciated,
Thanks, Leon

The ATV32 device supports explicit messaging, and if you must, you have access to implicit data through the assembly object (class 4), attribute 3. I believe most other parameters are available through objects as well.

Here is the User Manual:

But *can* and *should* are two different things. There are many posts on here regarding use of explicit messaging where the design intent is implicit messaging. Most avoid doing this for control.