1769-OF8V output Voltage

Running powerflex 40 with Compactlogix L32E

Iam trying to run my Inverter through the ethernet using 22comm-e card. I did a test bench setup with a .75Kw motor and everthing worked well. But when Itransfered all the setup to the real 4KW motor( My inverter is a 5HP motor), the frequency will start picking up and when it reaches 10Hz it will drop down to zero and then it starts going up to 10. This just keeps happening all the time. When I connect the small motor there it reaches my set Hz.
When I control the same inverter dirct from the keypad without the card or PLC, it works fine.

Any Idea?

Sounds like its current limiting by cutting back the speed. Did you enter the correct motor data in the drive?

I just reset to factory default first and changes the 2 parameters needed for the comm port operation, assuming the factory default will load the necessary parameters for 5HP(4kw) motor.

I think you need to enter the motor data manually. Voltage, FLA, etc. Do you get any meesages on the HIM? What amps was it running?

Pretty sure that factory defaults for overload is the minimum value it can be set for. There should be a "quick start" manual with the drive that shows the steps to set up a new drive. Motor nameplate data must be entered for proper operation.

Is this a PowerFlex 4 or 40? Either way, I've got to agree with everyone and say that you have to manually input all motor info.

Powerflex 40 with Compactlogix L32E

Hi Everyone.
Thanks for the responses. I have only Saturdays to try this out again as the plant is running with a different Inverter right now and the plant is in production.

When we shutdown on Saturday I am going to go through every parameters necessary and set it up manually.

I will keep the outcome posted after that.

No matter what "Default" parameters are, you are going to have to do a motor identification run on the inverter, after setting the basic required motor parameters.

The manual does cover "Start-up" procedures, it is a good idea to at least give a shot at following them.