Win CC/SQL server error code

SCADA_Dude10

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I am new to posting so please go easy on me.

I am tring to install WinCC (not flexible) on a Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 SP1 64 bit computer. When the installation gets to the "SQL Standard Database Services", it crashes with "Unknown MSI Error Code:29" I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the SQL server components. I have Googled this to death. I spent an hour with Siemens tech support. They said to turn off WinCC Flexibles auto start (among other things). That did not work either.o_O

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Thanks

Thanks for the response. Unforunately the software installation crashes during installation of the prerequisites and never makes it to the point where it tries to install WinCC V 7.0 SP3. Is there a way to install WinCC before the SQL server?
Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am the local administrator, Thanks

Last edited:
WinCC/SQL error code.

Hello all,

Well I got the problem fixed, with Siemens tech supports help. If you have installed WinCC V11 Portal, and uninstalled it because it didn't work for you (which I did). You can't install the older different version of WinCC without formating your hard disk (at least that was their only solution right now). I used a Linux disk image to bring my laptop back to factory original. Then when I installed WinCC V7.0 SP3 it worked.

Thanks for the replies.

i think this type wincc is not siutable for the w7..install it on winxp professional...it will works..dont forget to install messeing queing