Rexroth/mlc servo question

jcraft

HI all,

MAybe someone uses these drives that can asnswer this. We are using several Indradrive servo drives connected with a central MLC 40 unit. All the motion programming is done within the MLC init with Indraworks. I did not do the programming and have some basic knowledge with the drives. I only need to make a distance change to one of the axes as it is traveling to far. I know how to go online with indraworks and open indralogic to view the program and monitor. My questions are as follows.

1) once you login how do you know if the program that resides on my laptop is the same as the one in the controller. can you upload to make sure it is current.
2) the distance change needs to be made on one of the move absolute function blocks. Similar to a plc program, can you make the change online while the machine is operating or do you need to shutdown. what is the best way to make the online change. Steps would be great thanks.