[:=] Non retentive assignment Structured Text

dr_cronik

Hi All

I have tried to use the following code to reset a tmr.

if Cycle.St & not(CycleStart_Rst) then
Tmr_Main.Reset [:=] 1;
CycleStart_Rst := 1;
elsif not(Cycle.St) then
CycleStart_Rst := 0;
end_if;

TONR(Tmr_Main);

As you can see the tmr.reset bit is set using a non retentive output [:=] as per RS help files

However the Tmr remained in the reset state until I manually cleared the bit. I then had to add the following code after the TONR(Tmr_Main); instruction to allow the timer to run after being reset.

if Tmr_Main.reset then
Tmr_Main.reset := 0;
end_if;

It is therefore clear form this that the [:=] instruction is causing the bit to retain its value.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks

Structured text does not have an OTE instruction, but you can achieve the same results using a non-retentive assignment.
data_bit [:=] BOOL_expression;

Can be found under OTE in instruction Help

Last edited: