PV550 Reset to factory default!?!

HotCheeze

Hi, I am using an old PV550 from another process.

The old set-up was using a 1747-KE card and I can`t (after trying for a while) connect to the HMI.

I am looking for a way to hard reset to factory default, I looked in the config menu and I can`t find anything that does that.

I opened it and now I am looking at a JP5 that might be it, but can`t find any info in the manuel or the internet. If someone has information on this I would be grateful.

Thank you,

HotCheeze

Cat No: 2711-B5A2 ser. G
rev: A frn: 4.20

I tried to connect to it through DH-485 ethernet cable with the UIC device.
I tried to connect to it through the 1747-KE. (Which I won`t be using)
(I honestly gave up trying to connect to it. It was connected to a SLC-5/03 which I hard reset to connect to.)

The thing that bugs me most is that connected through the UIC, USB and DH-485 leds are flashing, RSLinx on the other hand doesn`t see it.

See pdf below for the manual for your UIC if you don't already have it.

The UIC should work if configured properly. The default setting for your PV is node 2, baud rate 19200. What does the configururation screen tell you?

The proper cable is the 1747-C13.

See text below for a reset procedure, note I have not tried this. So I don't know if it works or not, I think someone posted it here some time ago.

I know my UIC and UIC config are good, I use them all the time on HMI and Net AIC. The cable is also good.

I tried that trick again(I already tried it beforehand) and it does not work for this HMI.

If anyone would know about that JB5 jumper on the board that would be very helpful.

That is actually a soft reset, I already looked through that file, not what I am looking but thanks anyway. The left & right arrows, + the enter is soft reset to config and enter + left & right arrow is soft reset. I still:)banghead:) haven`t found a way to reset back to factory defaults.

Last edited:
If you can get to the config screen then you can set the comm setting to factory values there.
If you want to download a different program then a memory card will do the trick.

That is what I though, but the only things you can change while in the comm config menu is the baud rate, station number and numbers of station on the network. I don`t know what they changed for it to not show up on my network but I bet it had something to do with the 1747-KE device.

OK thank you for that. After trying what you sent, it still does not work(no communication possible).

Now things are pointing towards the comm port beeing busted. The COMM led in the configuration screen is constantly flashing saying no nodes available, even when theres no cable connected to it.

Sorry the message a get is actually: Required network node(s) not found.

Is that in RSLink or on the PV while connected to a PLC?

Do you have a spare PV or a distributor close by to test the PV?