Can View Tags on One Version of 5000 but not the other Version

showshocka

Hello. Please view theses screen shots of a logix 5000 project, the same file on two different shop laptops. Version 19 shows no tags, version 17 which is an earlier version shows all my tags. What's going on and how can I get the tags to be viewed in Version 19 also?

version.jpg versionB.jpg

I cannot see your Scope in the first picture. Second picture says LINE_3_AUTOOP

Make sure you are looking in the same Scope for your tags.

What I'm seeing in your two pictures is you have 'tags' in both. What you don't have from one to the other are 'descriptions'. Those ARE NOT stored in the PLC whereas the 'tags' are. Could that be the case? One of them is just an upload from the PLC whereas the other also has the original source project on the computer to access the 'descriptions'.

This is the same one file that I have on a stick drive. it shows more tag descriptions in version 17 than 19. one computer has version 19 installed and one computer has only version 17 installed. the earlier version shows more in the controller tags tab window than the other, which the version should not matter. its just what I noticed. here is again the same one file from the stick drive and a screen shot from each laptop.

version.jpg versionB.jpg

The picture's a little fuzzy but in 'versionb.jpg' it looks like you're filtering on the letter 'J'.

This is the same one file that I have on a stick drive. it shows more tag descriptions in version 17 than 19. one computer has version 19 installed and one computer has only version 17 installed. the earlier version shows more in the controller tags tab window than the other, which the version should not matter. its just what I noticed. here is again the same one file from the stick drive and a screen shot from each laptop.

In the picture in your first post it's filtered on the tagname and showing tags containing the letter 'J' and in the picture in your last post it's filtered on the description, so it shows descriptions containing the letter 'J'.