Plc 5

Altaf Belim

Hi Every one

I want to change the plc 5/30 with older version i:e Plc 5/20. I did it just download plc 5/30 program into plc5/20 processor but shows program errors Is one know how handle this situation.

Altaf

The PLC-5/20 and PLC-5/30 are both "Enhanced PLC-5" controllers, but with different memory and I/O scanning capacities.

If a PLC-5/30 program uses more I/O memory or RAM memory than can fit in a PLC-5/20 controller, that program cannot be changed to run in a PLC-5/20 without modification.

These controllers have been produced for over 20 years, so one may in fact be older than the other, but the model number does not make it necessarily so.

What are the error messages you see when you attempt to download ?

Dear Ken Roach
Thanks for quick response right now I don't remember error message but I will let you know my email address is [email protected] please send your email address so i can send you details
Regards
Altaf Belim

I cannot do one-on-one technical support, but I encourage you to post the details about the error message here on the Forum.

The differences between the PLC-5/30 and PLC-5/20 can be best found in the "Enhanced and Ethernet PLC-5 Controllers User Manual", Publication number 1785-UM012.