FactoryTalkView Studio 6.10 ME Alarm Handling

pr_wainwright

Hi,
I have a FactoryTalkView ME application running on my HMI & I am testing how the Alarm banner works. I have a bool that I have set to display an alarm when set to '1', this works fine. My problem is how do I make it so that the alarm does not disappear form the banner after it is acknowledged? When I acknowledge the alarm even though the bool value is still '1' it dissappears, I want it to only disappear when the bool value is '0' and acknowledge is pressed. Or am I missing something?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Paul.

In the alarm banner configuration there are options to show alarms that are active, acknowledged, unacknoledged, and inactive alarms. You use checkboxes to choose the options.

Also, I think there are two types of banners. 'Alarm Lists' and 'Alarm and Event Banner'

Depending what I'm doing I like the Alarm List to show new and old alarms and the Alarm/Event Banner I use to show just the current alarms and events. But both should be completely configurable as to what you want to view and how long/when.

VAN/jkerekes,
The Alarm Status List object does what I require. I can trigger an alarm & it will stay visible while active & automatically clear when inactive.

Thanks
Paul.