OT:Corner Wire Duct : Just Curious

I tend to refrain from using the sides for components unless you are really short on space. Its much harder to fault search when you have to lay inside the cabinet looking at the sides :/

i've been building control panels since 1986 and this is the first time i have even seen/heard of it.

i agree with ojz0r, its a pain to debug the wiring, not to mention trying to rip out the panel for a retrofit.

regards,
james

I'd say this is good idea for the much larger panels that instead of having smaller Junction Boxes and running wire to these boxes, this way you can consolidate to just one panel. I understand where debugging would get difficult, but in the long run would you rather chase a group of wires from panel to panel or just inside one panel. Myself personally Id rather stay in one panel, it would make for a much quicker debug since you don't have to run from box to box. Obviously there are certain circumstances where separate boxes would be better, such as if you run DeviceNET or other like systems.