AB SLC 5/01 CPU Fault light blinking

JAFA22

I'm new to these boards and was wondering if someone can shed some light on my problem, Started up our Jensen cleaning machine and only half of it comes on, won't go into manual mode, the CPU fault light is blinking and we get signal to input side of the boards, but no lights or nothing to the output side. We have checked the battery. And i have even truest clearing the memory by jumping # 14 and #28 pin for 60 sec's w/battery disconnected. Any help would be appreciated, have called jensen and no help, cant find a local company to even come look at it, been down for 4 days .

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Normally with Fault light blinking = no program in the PLC. Do you have a backup copy of the program either on a floppy or hard drive? Do you have a printout of the PLC program? If you have a printout but no backup copy perhaps someone here could generate a copy you could load back into the PLC. Do you have the programming software and 1747-PIC module? Answers to these questions are necessary to get you back up and running. It's also possible someone down in Florida is near you, maybe they can help. By the way you probably should post in the regular forum, more will notice it there.

Here's a link to a manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1747-um009_-en-p.pdf
And a different version with more processors:
http://www.jsec-tw.com/rockwell/1747-um011e-en-p.pdf

Last edited: