EPLAN Electric P8

CheezyMane13

C
Does anyone have any old files that I can look into..I have used Eplan a little bit and I am gonna try to self teach myself some more. That way when I get another job that calls for experience I can take it. I hated having to pass up the last offer I got. It was for an EPLAN supervisor to lead a group of guys. At this current point in time I dont have the experience to lead but to follow I do. And the bad thing about this job is was name your price. So any help you guys can give me about Eplan would be much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

EPlan canbe very difficult to lear without some type of training simple because it is so feature rich.

I tried this the first couple months then I went to some of the classes and it made all the difference in the world.

I have a project that I can give you a link to Dropbox for.
Only problem is the drawings are European standard using European symbols.
Any interest?

Explan is quite daunting when you start using it because there are so many rules
But like other German software packages (simatic s7 comes to mind) there is quite a learning curve.

hey

Does anyone have any old files that I can look into..I have used Eplan a little bit and I am gonna try to self teach myself some more. That way when I get another job that calls for experience I can take it. I hated having to pass up the last offer I got. It was for an EPLAN supervisor to lead a group of guys. At this current point in time I dont have the experience to lead but to follow I do. And the bad thing about this job is was name your price. So any help you guys can give me about Eplan would be much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

I fancy coming to the US, can you pass a few jobs like this my way???

EPlan canbe very difficult to lear without some type of training simple because it is so feature rich.
LOL! I've heard EPlan called many things, but "feature rich" has never been one of them!

And oddly enough, the subject of EPlan came up last week, I was told that our integrators would now be given a choice as to using EPlan or AutoCad for making our drawings (which is kind of a big change for us, we've been using EPlan for a number of years, but our integrators *really* do not like it).

So who uses it in the States besides GM? Is there really that big of a market for it?

LOL! I've heard EPlan called many things, but "feature rich" has never been one of them!

And oddly enough, the subject of EPlan came up last week, I was told that our integrators would now be given a choice as to using EPlan or AutoCad for making our drawings (which is kind of a big change for us, we've been using EPlan for a number of years, but our integrators *really* do not like it).

So who uses it in the States besides GM? Is there really that big of a market for it?

Pepsi, Coke, BMW, VAG Group, to name a few blue chip companies. ePlan is Growing rapidly, I'm an Auto-CAD convert to ePlan

Pepsi, Coke, BMW, VAG Group, to name a few blue chip companies. ePlan is Growing rapidly, I'm an Auto-CAD convert to ePlan

We (GM) started using it back in 2004?, I can't remember. It was buggy, difficult to use, and no better than AutoCad for what it did.

It also had the unintended effect in making sure that nearly none of our prints ever got updated. Nobody wanted to fool with it, and the only subject-matter experts were off working on their next project.

I'm now in the market for an AutoCad jockey with controls drawings experience. PM me if you know someone.

And our integrators and our (plant, at least) engineers generally did not like it, and not many of us could figure out the reason for the change.

That was then, this is now. I'm sure that things have improved.

As for AutoCad, that is another package that I love to hate. But in this case it isn't really AutoCad's fault. For some unknown reason, we can't seem to pick a version and then stick to it. And AutoCad (naturally) keeps making changes from version to version that requires yet another week long training session (for me at least) to get up to speed.

Keep in mind that as electrical guys, our needs are limited pretty much to 2D, not-to-scale drawings. Why do we need all this fancy stuff?

And as the end user, I don't care about keeping the entire drawing in a database as opposed to individual drawings. I manage to keep the drawings all together by putting each project into its own directory.

I have a flair for the obvious in that respect.

So as an end user, what does EPlan, or for that matter, the latest version of AutoCad give me that I can't get from QCad? Remember, I just have to do little changes here and there as needed when the equipment gets upgraded.

elwin has same working as eplan, but costs only 29 euro
and yes eplan works different first you have your apparatus and then you make form this your symbols and schematic.

same like autocad elctric does.

in elwin you can add your hardware to the symbols.

I work For a system integrator in the UK and we have moved from a simpler system WSCAD to ePlan, on paper it looks great offering to save time and upgrades of software all ingratiate with each other, in practical use its a time consuming beast that if your the end-user (GM) and only doing a few changes i can see your headache, if your not using it on a daily bases you can forget the most easiest of tasks. We have found it useful on lager projects if you structure your project and have the correct templates set up and more importantly know how to use them! I've been involved right from the start on developing these templates and even now after a month of commissioning on site i've forgotten a lot, to answer your question i'd personally stick to a method that suits your company the best and get us Integrator's that use the software everyday to do your more complex changes and not listen to ePlans very good sales team! :)

elwin has same working as eplan, but costs only 29 euro
and yes eplan works different first you have your apparatus and then you make form this your symbols and schematic.

same like autocad elctric does.

in elwin you can add your hardware to the symbols.

I downloaded it, and took a look at it. From what I've seen, it looks very nice! I don't need a fully integrated electrical design package however, but if I did, I would certainly give ELWin a closer look.

Thanks! :)

I've been involved right from the start on developing these templates and even now after a month of commissioning on site i've forgotten a lot, to answer your question i'd personally stick to a method that suits your company the best and get us Integrator's that use the software everyday to do your more complex changes and not listen to ePlans very good sales team! :)

If I still did integration/startups, and we had a panel shop that was expecting accurate BOMs and such (they tend to be unreasonable in that way), then it would make sense.

For us it would boil down to taking a 40 hour class to figure out how to change a N.O. contact to a N.C. contact (never mind the $11k license or whatever it was). LOL!

If I still did integration/startups, and we had a panel shop that was expecting accurate BOMs and such (they tend to be unreasonable in that way), then it would make sense.

For us it would boil down to taking a 40 hour class to figure out how to change a N.O. contact to a N.C. contact (never mind the $11k license or whatever it was). LOL!

it is ridiculously expensive, have you seen the tech support costs!!! in general i like the software but it is to complex in the basic things, thank the Germans, hence why Siemens is so much harder than AB, thank Rockwell for making sense!!