Euromap 67

Franky_B

Hi guys,

Anyone has experience with the Euromap 67 standard as used with injection molding machines.

I had to programm a robot to take products out of the IMM (Arburg).

I found that the 'MouldAreaFree' signal has to be forced high (after the robot has entered the mould-area)to be able to eject the moulded part. This doesn't seem normal to me. Arburg however states that this is the way it should be.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

I interfaced a lot of robots in the early 90s. Back then it was Euromap 12 (16-pin M/F connectors). Nice to see they have updated to dual-channel safety circuits... (y)

I would agree with you that the "Mould area free" contact should remain open continuously while the robot is inside the press. This should only inhibit platen movement, not the ejection cycle. I just read through the specification, and don't see how it could be interpreted any other way... :unsure:

You probably won't get Arburg to change this, so you'll just have to give them whatever signals they need... :rolleyes:

You should probably double-check that 'Enable mould close' functions properly. The mold should not be able to close with this contact open, and also stop immediately if it opens during the closing cycle (any time before the 'mold fully closed' signal from the press turns on).

🍻

-Eric

Thanks Eric.

I guess Euromap isn't that well spread.
When I search "Arburg" and "Euromap" in Google, this topic comes up as nr. 5 !!!

Greetz,

Frank