analog input show half range

iranshahi

hi my freinds
i have an analog input modul of siemens by order 6es7-7kf02 .. that configur by 315-2dp cpu
despite the configuration of channel 1&2 is together but the firs chnnel of this modul shows half range.
channel 2 work exactly.
wher is my problem???:unsure:

Maybe the problem isn't the Analog Input module, but the Transmitter configuration.

No
I'll test both channels with one transmitter.
The first channel shows half the range.
While the two channels with the same transmitter is working correctly.

Maybe the wiring to the first channel is different from the wiring to the second channel. Maybe one channel is wired for a 2 wires and the other is wired as 4 wires.
Are you connecting the transmitter directly to the AI card, or are you making the connections to terminal blocks already wired by someone else?

i'm checked hordware configuration and set the parameter to 2wire curenc.
I did all the correct setting
The module has been corrupted???

When you search for such failures you must measure!

If your transmitter output is mA, put a Fluke in the loop, measure the current and read the PIW.
If it is V, measure the voltage and read the PIW.

Tell us your findings, and as said before /said before/ said before; show the wiring.

Kalle

My transmitter is a current (4-20 ma)
i have an amper meter in loop (on module terminals) and measure the current. i see that the current change betwen 4,12,20 and see the piw (-32767),(6941),(13883)

Last edited:
Yes that was indeed strange.
Could you try to exchange the code brick on the side of the card?

And please tell which terminal pins are connected?

Kalle

Edit: If my memory is correct a normal mA input should have a resistance of ca 30 ohm.
You could disconnect the card and measure both the actual channels befor and after you have exchanged the code brick.

Edit2: Try to connect -mA to M-ANA and watch the PIW.

Last edited:
specialy look at the grounding, not used channels set to d position and make connections to the ground
also in the first link in chapter 5.3
S7-300_400_Analog_M-Verbindungen_T1_01_e.gif

Last edited: