Ultra3000 Drive Unit

DeepThought

Hi All,
I have had to start using AB as apposed to Siemens ( i hear lots and horrahs and boos), oh well anyway i am looking at the ultra3000 drive and wonder if it is possible to set up either a few PRESET values or INDEX values and trigger them from a single sensor connected to the input.
The idea is I have a servo connected to a rotary unit which is going to be mounted on a conveyor, I will fit an extra auxilary encoder to the conveyor and what i hope to do is use the single input to trigger a series of moves in the index or preset based on my auxilary encoder.
Is this possible?

Thanks
(y)

Yes it is certainly possible, you'll just need to make sure you get the indexing version of the drive (part# ends in X, i.e. 2098-DSD-010X). The indexing drive has a total of 64 motion tasks which have independent distance/velocity/accel parameters and can be triggered by PLC outputs. (In practice, however, the number of tasks you can address is limited by the drive's I/O. There are 8 inputs and you need some for other functions like drive enable and fault reset.)