Modicon problem

Jirrr

Hi,We get one older machine from France and it is controled by Modicon Premium CPU...it was disconected for some time and I was told that it woks before...but now there is some problems ERR led on the CPU,I/O moduls,communications modul are blinking,not going to run mode...I must say I never saw Modicon before/using Simens CPU/...Can it be backup battery/there is a memory card with two batteries/ is here anyone who can give me some advice,what the faults could be,which software should be used for diagnostic and what kind of programing cabel is used.
Thanks You,Nice day...

Hi,BAT led lights up red when this battery is flat that is true and I belive that back up only internal CPU memory,but how about Two batteries on PCMCIA memory card...I have red in manual quote "During operation,the processors EER led flashes if the PCMCIA card battery is defective..."
Where is stored program in card or in internal CPU memory???

I should correct myself above. The BAT light I was referring to is actually on the power supply module.

It has been a long time since I have used this PLC, but i do remember that I was able to program them without a memory card.

I have one on my desk right now. It has a TSXMRP0128P memory card, and appears only to have one single "coin" battery. What card do you have that takes two batteries? You might end up having to get the software and go online with the CPU if you lost what information was on the card and it was critical to the program. If it were just being used for data collection maybe just a new battery will fix it.

Is your power supply BAT light on as well?

Hi,No BAT led is not on,only ERR blinking but not only on CPU also on all moduls....Type of card TSXMRPC001M SRAM MEM 1MB...Type of CPU TSX P57253...Which software can be used? PL7 or Unity pro??
Nice day

Download the following
http://www.cuny.biz/PDFs/Automation/Schneider/Modicon%20Premium%20Cata.pdf

on page 1/22 they give a good explanation of how the memory cards may be used.

Your CPU appears to be for PL7.
You will also have to get a cable to hook your PC up to it.

My guess is they were using the card to store the program and that you have now lost the program. The blinking ERR lights are probably the result of a hardware config because the cpu has lost the hardware config info.

Hopefully the people that sent this to you have the program backed up somewhere or you may be in for a hard time.

Many thanks for Your help...I will try to contact former owner of this machine...Will see then...
Have a nice day...J