Real variables display problem in Citect 7.0

semmi

I've got Siemens S7300 PLC connected to Citect PC via Ethrnet. INT and Bool values are written and red without problems but as for Real values they get written in DB well but they are not displayed on the Citect screen. I absolutely can't get it? What could be the problem of that?

I never used reals and S7-cpu's together with citect but here's my 5 cents of brainstorming:

What type of format did you use for the tag?

Maybe there are to many decimals e.g. 2,3456789

I used "real" type in Step7 as well as in Citect with no digits after decimal point.

But already I removed all real variables and use INT type instead. Got no time to dwell on that (y).

P.S. But for the rest of the posters - PROBLEM PERSISTS!

Hi,

Is Citect still using the S7NT driver ?
Then the real adresses in the DB has to be dividable by 4

So DB1.100 is OK ( 100/4 = 25)
DB1.102 would be not ok.

Why do you not contact Citect support? They are very good but if you have not paid your maintenance they will not help you.

The connection behaves the same whatever driver S7NT or S7300 is used.

Citect compiler displays no errors related to addresses distribution.

I have #COM displayed where Real value should be.

But via genie "Numpad" the real value is written into DB correctly from Citect (I see this change in Step7 debugger). Citect-Siemens direction works, Siemens-Citect not.