Compact logix redundancy

rohitmane

Hi friends,
i have successfully completed the compact logix redundancy but the problem now i facing is that communication with scada . when the processor switch over the secondary the communication between scada and processor get disturb, the parameter of Scada get disappear so please reply me regarding the above topic. i have little but idea about the rs linx Enterprise that there is provision to communicate with scada on single topic created in Rs linx Enterprise

Please...................................................o_O

Alias Topics

HMI switching between controllers is one of the shortcomings of the CompactLogix Hot Standby system. I know you're aware of it because you posted about it earlier this month.

RSLinx Enterprise does not have a "Shortcut Failover" mechanism. FactoryTalk View SE instead has a redundant data server system that is much more complex and requires multiple server computers.

RSLinx Classic does have an OPC Topic switching system; you use Alias Topics and the OPC Topic Switcher. This has been around since the RSView32 days and there is extensive information on it in both the RSLinx Online Help and the Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase. To use it, you will have to use a licensed version of RSLinx Classic.

It is technically possible to programmatically change the IP address of the CompactLogix controllers by sending CIP Generic messages to the TCP/IP Object. This is a fairly advanced programming technique, but the basics are described in the Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase.

You need to choose whether you are going to use programmatic IP switching or RSLinx Classic. Once you have chosen, you can post specific questions here on the Forum.

I know VERY little about this, but would it be possible to trigger a another set of screens via an active tag in the controlling processor and just be linked to both at all times?

Regarding Compact logix redundancy

Dear sir Ken Roach,
i have tried to solve the issue by making logic in plc of ip swapping it is working but problem i arise that when the primary processor switches to secondary then it should be restarted by making power on and off, then it takes secondary address. So i decided to go for Rs linx classic. For this i have created two topic in Rs linx Classic lite and also added the topic in factory talk SE but it is not working so please provided me All procedure for Rs linx Classic lite ie how to create topic and how to configure and setting of Topic with scada SE

I hope so you will explain me perfectly.please provide me the procedure with screen shot

please sir.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................o_O

I will respectfully decline to provide the detailed instructions you have asked for. I do not have the time to work on your behalf, nor do I wish to be responsible for your control system.

The RA Knowledgebase documents you will find most useful are:

Answer ID 48995: What are Alias Topics in RSLinx Classic.

Answer ID 5037 Node Level Redundancy- Compare Alias Topic and Node Switch command

Answer ID 31003 RSView SE and RSLinx Classic Alias Topic Switching "On Command"