How to get speed, torque, and position feedback with Kinetix 6k

BAJ1

I'm working on a system with Kinetix 6000 (2094-AMP5S) with ControlLogix 1756-M08SE. I have a continuous rotary stage for which I have set up velocity and torque as the real time feedback variables. How do I also read position? I thought I could do a GSV on the axis .PositionFeedback variable, but it always returns "0".

Any suggestions?

I am assuming you are using MAS, MAJ, etc.
Under your Motion Control Tag, you have a tag such as Servo1.
The position is read from Servo1.ActualPosition.
To convert a rotary position to degrees use the following:
(1 - Servo1.ActualPosition) / 360

Similar Topics

Dear Expert, I'm in a problem where I need to run my G120 CU250S in speed control PID mode and in a torque mode. The switching is done by DI0and...
Replies
Views
I'm doing my first wind/unwind project, and I need some input from someone with more experience. ...I'm getting my butt kicked trying to control...
Replies
Views
I have a question regarding some calculations I'm doing... I find that most of our motors are around 1/2HP, so for some applications we may...
Replies
Views
Hi, We want to buy a linear actuator 24VDC. We want to control this with a circuit board fro electromen...
Replies
Views
Apologizes in advance for a newbie question. In VFDs, there is speed input and torque input. What symptoms would I see on a 3 phase induction...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom