Total Harmonic Distortion

arunsinha

If I have a PLC and am getting inputs for 3 phase power of Voltage, Current, True Power, and Apparent Power...can I program using logic to calculate THD? I've looked up the formulas for THD for voltage and current, but don't know how I'd come up with the harmonics values...

o_O
Don't think so.
You need to measure each harmonic voltage, not line voltage, current, apparent or real power. You need a scope to measure the frequencies and thier values.

Saffa,

Yep. I worked at Schneider Electric for many years and we had the PowerLogic. I've got a Satec on my desk right now. This client already has an Opto 22 PAC near the motors (there are actually motors) and wanted to try and do it with the controller and I/O modules. Thanks.