Prosoft MVI56-GSC

dlmidget

Does anyone have experience with these cards? I currently have a printer using serial communications from my clx L61 serial prot via a AWT instruction. We are Converting DINTs to strings via a DTOS then using CONCAT instructions to put the strings togethter and then send them via the AWT.

I am upgrading the Processor to a L72 which has no serial port. So we have a prosoft MVI56-GSC. I have addeds the AOI and beleive I have the Port config tags set correctly.

The manual says I need to load the tag GSC.Port1Data.WriteString with the message data.

Then set the tag GSC.Port1.WriteLength with the number of characters to send.

The GSC.Port1Data.WriteString tag is a SINT so Im trying to move Just the SINT portion of my String to this tag.

The GSC.Port1.WriteLength Tag is a INT But my LEN portion of MY string is a DINT.

Basically I have a rung saying when I hit a timing mark mov the string data into GSC.Port1Data.WriteString, Then Mov My String Len(DINT) Into GSC.Port1Data.WriteString (SINT).

I guess Im unclear whether this will work with the two different data types for the Lenght as the DINT is 32 bits?

My original String (.LEN and .Data) currently shows a value of '4 0 0' However, the SINT portion or .Data alone only shows a value of '4'. Im do not understand why this is and as such expect a problem.

I have learned what I know about this this weekend and feel I do not completely have a grasp. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. The prosoft support do not seem to be on duty the weekend.

I won't be able to test until runtime so Im trying to be as sure as I can get that it is right.

Just thought I would add the outcome for future readers MAYBE its not to jumbled to help someone. It seems I had to use a COP instruction starting at the first element of my string's .data portion into the first element of the GSC.Data.Port1.WriteString tag for the length of the .LEN protion of My original string. Very simple yet it took me all day to get this thing installed.o_O (sigh)

Example=
COP
source: Printer_Data.Data[0]
Dest: GSC.Data.Port1.WriteString.Data[0]
Length: Printer_Data.LEN