1747-L532E major fault when adding MVI46-MCM

epicnote

Hello all,

I have a problem to go RUN mode for my PLC. I am using 1747-L532E controller. It has turned to major fault (error code = 15Ch) when I want to switch to RUN mode. In the I/O configuration, consist of:

Slot 0 = 1747-L532E
Slot 1 = OTHER (MVI46-MCM)

I am using the sample ladder with only edited the controller model to suit with my controller. But still got the Fault when switching to RUN mode. Anyone experienced this before?

Thanks in advance

Have you input the correct ID Code and Extended Parameters in the Advanced Config (Adv Config)?
These Parameters do not fill in automatically on Specialty Cards not listed in the I/O Config or Third Party Cards.

Stu....

Have you input the correct ID Code and Extended Parameters in the Advanced Config (Adv Config)?
These Parameters do not fill in automatically on Specialty Cards not listed in the I/O Config or Third Party Cards.

Stu....

Yes, i have exactly follow and configured the Adv. Config for the Specialty I/O but still having the same problem when switch to RUN mode. I have also try to create a new project and configured the I/O configuration only by adding the MVI46-MCM module in Slot 1 without any code in the project. But it still turn to Fault when switching to RUN mode. Is there something wrong with the configuration in Advanced I/O configuration because when I did "read IO config" at I/O Configuration to read the actual I/O, I got a different setting in Advanced I/O configuration of the MVI46-MCM which is not equal to the default MVI46-MCM setting as per manual and once I changed the M0 and M1 Length to 1024, the controller can switch to RUN mode. Is there anything wrong also with the ID Code in the I/O configuration because when I did "read IO config" I got a different number from the default ID Code?

I don't have any experience with that Card.
This is the information in the Manual.
I haven't had any luck reading the I/O Config from the Third Party Cards, so I wouldn't recommend that.

Stu....

MVM.jpg

Last edited:
I have tried to follow these configuration but still got the same error. Is there any possibilities that it could be a problem with the chassis backplane?