Omron Addresses VS Siemens S7???

arpix

Hello all!

I hawe a noob question.

Im noob in Omron programing but before i was work much with siemens.

The question is.

When i program the siemens S7 300 PLC and i want to work with the inside memory addreses than i use the M30.0 example... or if i want to address a phisical input or output i use teh I10.0 or our Q11.0 and thats it.Or W for words, D for digital...

But in the Omron is somehow diferent. How are they using these addresses example for addressing an inside memory area like in siemens? For out and input i know that they are using the IN :0.00 to 99.00 or out form 100.00 to 200.00 exaple... and is that mabe the W (work area) ? is W10.00 same like 10.00?

or W10.00 is same like in Siemens the M10.00?? thanx im so confused...o_O:unsure:

i hope that someone undertand the question

and sorry for my bad enlgish.

Best regards Arpad

W10.00 is not the same as 10.00 (CIO10.00).
Yes, you can assume W10.00 being the same as the Siemens M10.00.
Well i'm not really getting this because Siemens doesn't have M10.00. maybe you mean M10.0 but still I am confused.
But on the other hand if I needed or wanted to know about how this would compare to Omron I would search for a manual. I guess the basics would be explained there.

CIO is common I/O area - W is work bit. CIO can be used for anything - just be careful you do not use allocated inputs and outputs as internal bits. Much of Siemens is byte based and only goes from say M10.0 to M10.7 - Omron uses full words - W10.00 to W10.15.
Read the manual - all the I/O allocations are in there.
You do not mention which PLC.

Well i'm not really getting this because Siemens doesn't have M10.00. maybe you mean M10.0 but still I am confused.
But on the other hand if I needed or wanted to know about how this would compare to Omron I would search for a manual. I guess the basics would be explained there.

yes sorry. i was mean for siemens 10.0

You need Omron manual W393-E1-14 or later - the I/O table is fully explained in the manual.
I would suggest you join at myomron.com - it is free - and you can download all the manuals from there.
We all go through this when working with a new brand - you just have to do your homework - as do we all.

To me it is just plain easy - AB next and then the rest. Siemens is 'difficult' at best quite frankly.
I grew up with PLCs in the old DOS days and pretty basic software. Learned to use the keyboard for everything and still do - still use keyboard short cuts in Word and Excel.
I like having a big broad sheet of I/O where I can program where I please. With Omron there are very few restrictions with respect to I/O either internally or externally - program where you wish.
Not into 'drag and drop' - do not want to get RSI from using a mouse all the time.
Learn and enjoy - if you do you will not want to go back to all the restrictions.

To me it is just plain easy - AB next and then the rest. Siemens is 'difficult' at best quite frankly.
I grew up with PLCs in the old DOS days and pretty basic software. Learned to use the keyboard for everything and still do - still use keyboard short cuts in Word and Excel.
I like having a big broad sheet of I/O where I can program where I please. With Omron there are very few restrictions with respect to I/O either internally or externally - program where you wish.
Not into 'drag and drop' - do not want to get RSI from using a mouse all the time.
Learn and enjoy - if you do you will not want to go back to all the restrictions.
Somehow i agree with you! But you had a bigger posibility to made a big mistake when you was programmed a PLC by the Assembly. And the little problems was really hard to find. But who had that knowledge they don't hawe any problem i think with using a simply new generation of programing like Ledders... and you need just a littel for using the keyboard if you want to add some speciall instructions to some logicall insturctions.

I preffer the easyest whey hehe

cheers and i respect those engineers who start with the DOS (Assembly) programming.

Last edited: