cost effective solution for remote monitoring of events of a PLC via internet.

bilalzaki

Dear All,
I work for an Air-conditioning firm in Dubai. we use a Danfoss PLC as a multi-stage thermostate.It has CAN bus option I need to monitor the data from the PLC remotely through internet. I can use some other PLC as a more cost effective solution. Plz guide me that how is this task possible. Also is it possible to monitor it via GSM? do let me know.

Thanks..

danfoss has a nice unit for this, it translates the canbus to a PC.
have a PC in the engineroom and you can see it anywhere in the world.
GSM can also be used by sending SMS to the phone.

The new firmware s7 1200s have a built in web server and sd memory card data logging feature...
I have never used it yet but it looks cool.

Sadly with the S7-1200 you would need a communications module to communicate with the Danfoss drive. The S7-1200 speaks Profinet - not Ethernet, don't confuse the two even thou they are both with RJ45 connectors.

Or you would need a communications module for the Drive - MCA120 Profinet.

The Ethernet module (MCA121) has a buildin Webserver, but what it can show.... You may be able to upload it from the drive (using some html tool) and then customize it, but Danfoss is not supporting it - I.e. you would be on your own.

Michal_dk