panel view+ 1250 comunication with cpu 1769

grazianogogo

Supporting Member
Hello every body,

i have comunication problem with HMI panel view plus 1250 and cpu 1769L35E .
i explain what i did :
i made HMI project with FactoryTalk in version 6.10.
i set up the new connection with cpu follow all step including "copy from Desing to Runtime".
i made Run Time aplication in version 6.00 (this because my new HMI didn't support 6.10 version).
i can run the project from my pc with cpu .
i can comunicate with HMI .
the project is run on HMI but in off line.

but when i connect the ethernet from HMI and PLC no any comunication will start .

Please any body can help me to understand where is the problem ?
o_O

Thank you
Graziano

It is probably the nasty "Copy from Design to Runtime" button.
Personally, I do not use it anymore since it's just asking for trouble.;)
The Design path is the path between the FTV ME running PC and the CPU handling the application's tags. "Copy fro Design to Runtime" is fine and dandy for a PC located within the HMI subnet however the Design path is intended to being used only for testing the application from within the software's "Test Application" utility.
The Runtime path is the path between the HMI running application and the CPU controller. Obviously, this might work in some situations (very inefficiently form a communications routing standpoint!)but more often than not, it will render your application's communications non-functional.
When defining the "Runtime Path" the developer should use the "shortest" path between the HMI and PLC as implemented within the floor network's topology.
Locating yourself at the HMI's vantage point, "look" for the CPU by adding the communication devices between the terminal and the controller handling the tags. There are probably just a couple at the most when compared with the LAN routing used to test the application at development time.

Last edited:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!

now i understand how the system work.

This morning i set the HMI comunication follow your suggestion and now it is working .

Thank you thank you thank you

You're welcome.
I wish, one of these days, RA will come to their (mostly accurate) senses and provide the users of their software with more useful literature.