Another Series Six inquiry.

raleonar

I have some problem running my LogicMaster 6 parallel version (Initialization failure) when I transferred the WASI board from a Workmaster I (PC/XT) to a PC/AT 286 WorkMaster.I believe there is some startup configuration on a PC AT/286 before running the LogicMaster 6? I'd tried to search any information from the Internet but I found nothing. Maybe guys you have something to share.

Really need your help.

Rey

Raleonar,

An 'initialization failure' is where the program fails to determine that the interface card is fitted and working. The program checks to see whether the card is there or not.

What you might have to do is reserve memory in your config.sys file for the card to use, you certainly have to do this for windows (95 and 98), not sure about DOS.

You will need to insert a line like this in your config.sys file:-

device=c:\windows\emm386.exe noems x=cc00-cdff

I think those are the correct memory areas, I will be able to confirm this at work tomorrow

you also need to make sure that the ANSI.sys file is loaded in the config.sys file

device=c:\windows\command\ansi.sys

Let me know what operating system you are using and what your config.sys file contains and any other info you can think of and I might be able to help you further.

Paul

Paul,

I'd tried putting emm386.exe on the config.sys and it didn't work. I'll found out later the emm386.exe works only on PC 386 and above, I am, at the moment trying to configure a PC AT/286 with a WASI board installed in it to work with LogicMaster 6 ver 4.02. I am using MS DOS ver. 5 and until now I can't make it work....

Rey

raleonar said:
I'd tried putting emm386.exe on the config.sys and it didn't work. ...emm386.exe works only on PC 386 and above,

That makes sense! EMM386 only works on 386 PC's and above :rolleyes:

You even stated in your first post that you are using a 286 PC!

Back to your probelm, what is in your config.sys file? According to the documentation I have, for DOS you only need:-
buffers=5
files=20
device=ansi.sys

With that the software should run fine and detect the card.

Is the ISA slot a good one, after all this is a very old PC, so is the motherboard OK.
Can you check that the card is a working card? Re-insert back in the workmaster and proves it works, or try another card?

The only time I have had this fault is when I have a dodgy card, the config.sys file is wrong (although getting that wrong tends to make the program go crazy) or if I am setting up a new PC and during the file copy process, something has gone wrong.

I currently run LM6 4.1 on windows 98 PC's, formatted in FAT16 and LM6 runs in a DOS window.

Paul

I had a similiar problem with a Lunchbox style PC that i was trying to use with the parallel I/F card. Same problem - shared Ram, The video card shared memory config was unchangeable and as a result, I couldn't grab a contiguous area large enough to accomodate the I/F card. have you tried using MSD to find out what mem areas are free?

Regards....

I suspect that there must be something wrong with this PC AT/286. I might just install (the WASI) card to another PC to determine if I can still get the same error.