RSLogix 5000 Cannot Save

OZEE

We've now seen this a couple of times.

At the end of the day, ready to shut down the computer, RSLogix 5000 gives a message "Cannot Save File xxxx.ACD. File not found." We can't save the file, nor can we do a Save As -- amazingly, we get the same message with a Save As???

It does it with both local hard drive and network drive. Trying to use the same name, or an entirely new name doesn't seem to matter.

Version 19.

Thoughts??

My first question would be "was the project opened from a local drive, or from a network drive" ?

Has the project been performing automatic *.BAK saves ?

I've been using v19 for over a year and never encountered this myself.

I haven't been the one working on this particular system, so I don't have all of those answers right now, Ken. Right now, it is looking at a network drive. I can go to the network and see everything. When I try to do a save-as, it creates the new file, but leaves it blank and then pops up the message.

I don't see any incremental .bak's from during the day...

I've seen something similar when I open from a network drive and then move my computer from one part of the plant to another where I may loose network communication while in transit. However when that happens the 'Save As' option still allows me to save it under a different name.

I have seen something similar on V19,

1. Open File "A", work on it

2. Open File "B" from a different folder, while file "A" is still open.

3. Save and close File 'A'.

This is where it happens, file A get saved in the folder where File B resides

Regards
_______

We've now seen this a couple of times.

At the end of the day, ready to shut down the computer, RSLogix 5000 gives a message "Cannot Save File xxxx.ACD. File not found." We can't save the file, nor can we do a Save As -- amazingly, we get the same message with a Save As???

It does it with both local hard drive and network drive. Trying to use the same name, or an entirely new name doesn't seem to matter.

Version 19.

Thoughts??

I am also seeing this on two computers here. Were you able to resolve this?

RSLogix 5000 gives a message "Cannot Save File xxxx.ACD. File not found.

I know this is a very old post, but it still can happen when the temporary file gets lost (I think from editing multiple acd files?)
Anyway, save as an L5K and then recover from there