Omron PLC

tfiz

I'm doing my final year project . I'm Using

-- omron c200h cpu01
-- NC111 as position control unit (3 unit)
-- LK201-vi as host link unit
-- personal computer

My position control unit support only 19 sequence ( In the DM memory area) . Could I extend the sequence number.. If can...How can i do this..

( I'm been thinking To write to The DM memory area direcly with computer while my PLC in monitor mode... But could be another way ??????)

--Can I control the sequence (position) of my robot with my personal computer (Visual Basic)

thank for advance

-- My course didn't include PLC subject....but my lecture insist using the plc as controler.... :(

tfiz,

If your refering to a durm insturction as your limitiation, then you can build a bigger one to address all the DM in you CPU. Simply use an up/down counter, or inc/dec instruction to set up a pointer value in a single DM. The value in the DM, or counter,(whichever you choose) could be used to cause your program to JMP (jump) to your next chosen sequence. The number of sequences in your program is actually only limited by your CPU program memory, and your imagination.

Good Luck with it,

Mike

Post from MrPLC.com:

Two ways to send more profiles to the C200H-NC111:

1. Send new data to the Data Memories like you are currently doing. You must send a restart to the module to get the new data to be read by the module. This involves either 1.) power off and back on again or 2) setting bit AR 01.03 high. The bit will return to low after resetting the module. Kinda like a warm boot.

2. Using the Transfer function in the module, which involves setting a IR channel to the position number to be changed, moving position data to other IR channels assigned to the module and then setting the actual Transfer bit.

This module was designed in 1987 and has been obsolete since 1990. I don't want to do any further research into option 2 unless you are going to pursue it. My advice would be to follow option 1. From a VB viewpoint, Option 1 is better to get to a quick conclusion of your project.