rs networx

rejoe.koshy

hi guys,
I just wanted to know the use of rs networx software while establishing a control net or ethernet network. Is it necessary for me to schedule my network for the network to work ??

In general, RSNetworx for ControlNet software is required to calculate and load the ControlNet schedule into the modules on the network.

Because EtherNet/IP is not a scheduled network, RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP is generally not required to configure the network devices. RSLogix 5000 is the most common configuration tool for EtherNet/IP.

There are exceptions to both of these statements, of course. There are some ControlNet networks that do not use scheduled connections and never use RSNetworx (Honeywell Experion, for example) and some EtherNet/IP networks that require RSNetworx (third party Scanners, for example)

If your network requires one of the services of RSNetworx for ControlNet (configuring network framing/timing, or creating a network schedule), then you need that software.