Anyone use the NR&D MEBII for Modbus TCP/IP?

junkerjorg

I am using it for the first time and have a strange problem. The configuration is fairly simple and straight forward. I followed the instructions in the video on the NR&D website. My indicator lights indicate that the MEB is running in it's normal state. I use KepwareEX5 to view statistics and I see RX and TX, through the OPC Quick Client, with no failures. But for some reason I am not seeing any of the bit or word values change state when I know they are changing. Anyone see this before??

In case anyone has interest in this, the solution to the problem was very simple. In the ID field the IP address of the MEBII appears like this <192.168.1.110>.0 I didn't think anything of that for a while until I really started digging for an answer. I changed the .0 to .1 and the whole thing stopped working. I realized that the value after the . was the drop number of the target device, in this case the Modicon PLC. My drop was .2 and once I changed this everything began to work fine!