Does anybody make anything physically robust anymore?

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a client with a problem. He can't find a temperature controller (40mm x 40mm) that panel mounts, and is of sufficient robustness to withstand a washdown (i.e. NEMA 4x) environment.

Sadly, all the ones I've looked at have these silly plastic slide-up mount keepers on them, and they just do not hold the controller in the panel very well.

I might be just getting old, but, what ever happened to gear that is well designed, and suitably beefy and husky enought to hold up in the environment?

Yes, yes...cost cutting, offshore manufacturing. I get it.

But, isn't there a market for decent stuff? There certainly is a need.

And, if anybody knows of a beefy and husky temperature controller, PM me. I don't want to dump on specific manufacturer's, because, sometimes it is the end user who is the problem as well.

I understand your problem, but you can always solve the problem by installing a protective cover over the controller. I think it will be less expensive.

The Ogden ETR-9200 has mounts that hook into slots on the case. I have used these, and you can definitely tighten them a lot more than the usual slide-up mounts.

🍻

-Eric

etr9200.jpg