Micromaster -> profibus speed control

maico

Can anyone help with some ladder examples of controlling the frequency of a micromaster VFD over profibus on a s7 400 any help would be greatly appreciated.

They will be connected via the profibus DP all I want to do is control the speed there will be 19 VFD's to control in total what is the best way to go about this the system consists of a master s7 400 and two s7 300 slaves all I need is to be able to change the setpoint from the HMI

Haven't done the HW config yet was waiting to see what is needed before I do this because all I want is to be able to write the speed value to the VFD.

If all you want to do is to write the speed to the the only thing you need to do is to write to an output word in ladder it could be a simple move instruction what word is dependant of the PPO type you select the scaling of the value is 0 to 16384 (4000 hex) where 16384 corresponds to the value in P2000 of the Micromaster valid values are from -32768 to 32767 but limited in P1080 and P1082 in the parameter list manual of the Micromaster you'll find quite informative block charts in the latter part of the manual kalle
period

edit and I forgot to say that if you search this forum for micromaster you'll find a lot info

Last edited: