Event Task

KS1988

My scan time is to hign to see an input thats comming on. I am trying to use an Event Task to see it faster. For some reason its saying "the input module is not capable of triggering an event". Im trying to see a valve bank using ethernet. Would I have to configure the module differently? or will it just not work with a valve bank?...Any ideas?? Thanks

My scan time is to hign to see an input thats comming on. I am trying to use an Event Task to see it faster. For some reason its saying "the input module is not capable of triggering an event". Im trying to see a valve bank using ethernet. Would I have to configure the module differently? or will it just not work with a valve bank?...Any ideas?? Thanks

Use a LOCAL module, mounted in the chassis.

It may be possible to stretch the signal by changing th input module configuration. I have done it with Festo CPX inputs on DeviceNet.

What controller are you using? What is the part # of the Input Module? Is the module in a local chassis or is it remote? If remote, what network are you using?

OG

you've told us that you're using RSLogix5000 software – but you have NOT told us what hardware platform you're using ...

specifically, are you using CONTROL-logix or are you using COMPACT-logix? ... it can make a big difference – because these two platforms do NOT scan their I/O in the same manner ...

secret handshake:

since both platforms use the same software, it's easy for many people to be confused by assuming that the hardware is the same "under the hood" for both platforms ... that is an INcorrect assumption ...

so ...

if you're using COMPACT-logix hardware – and if you're running some of your tasks at a priority of ONE THROUGH SIX – then I suggest that you carefully read the following ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=447080&postcount=13

basic idea: many (most?) programmers assume that "faster-and-higher-must-be-better" when assigning the periods and the priorities to their tasks ... with the COMPACT-logix platform this approach can have disastrous results when working with fast-acting input and output signals ...

and here's a success story related to these same concepts ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=456758&postcount=5

if this doesn't nail everything down, then I strongly recommend that you post your entire program file ...

Last edited: