Update Panel View 1200 Terminal with RIO communication

Alx

Hi
I'm new to the forum and need your help because I have a PLC 5/25 with a Panel View 1200 Terminal by RIO communication which is causing me many problems and want to update it, maybe a Panel View Plus, I do not know if there is any way to take the current program and update it or have to start from scratch

This is a fairly challenging upgrade.

The modern PanelView Plus terminals, called the "PanelView Plus 6", have dropped support for RIO Adapter mode. To do this migration you would need to buy an older PanelView Plus "v5.10" terminal with a 2711-RN6 adapter module.

The PanelView 1200 application file can be partially migrated by first converting it into a PanelView Enhanced application, then into a FactoryTalk View application.

If you are unfamiliar with the PanelView Classic and PanelView Plus, you should hire an experienced integrator or Rockwell Automation's engineering group to do this migration.

My recommendation would be to switch from RIO to DH+ if possible. The DH+ module is still supported by all modern PanelView Plus terminals.

This is a fairly challenging upgrade.

The modern PanelView Plus terminals, called the "PanelView Plus 6", have dropped support for RIO Adapter mode. To do this migration you would need to buy an older PanelView Plus "v5.10" terminal with a 2711-RN6 adapter module.

The PanelView 1200 application file can be partially migrated by first converting it into a PanelView Enhanced application, then into a FactoryTalk View application.

If you are unfamiliar with the PanelView Classic and PanelView Plus, you should hire an experienced integrator or Rockwell Automation's engineering group to do this migration.

My recommendation would be to switch from RIO to DH+ if possible. The DH+ module is still supported by all modern PanelView Plus terminals.

Ok thanks!
Then you think will be best done by DH + and redo the panel view program and part of the PLC program

Hi
I'm new to the forum and need your help because I have a PLC 5/25 with a Panel View 1200 Terminal by RIO communication which is causing me many problems and want to update it, maybe a Panel View Plus, I do not know if there is any way to take the current program and update it or have to start from scratch

Hi Alex, Did you can migrate de PanelView 1200?
I have the same configuration than you and the same problem, I´ve tray to install the PanelBuilder 1200 software to do a backup of the application but I can´t, this give me an error.
If you could help me, will be great!

Thanks man!