Siemens Simatic ProTool Alarms/Messages

qee

Can anyone tell me how to trigger alarms and messages on a Siemens Simatic OP270 Display from an S7313C-2DP Processor? Is it simply a case of assigning a word to them and then writing the value of the alarm/message that you want displayed to that word?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Qee.

First you have to create an areapointer that is called Alarm messages.The area pointer consists of words and the alarms themselfs are bits so if you want 16 alarms then use one word 32 alarms 2 words and so on.

The alarmbits are for some reason turned around so the first alarm is triggered by yourareapointer.dbx1.0 if you entered dbw0. Check the lower left corner to see which bit that triggers the actual alarm.

You can also add the areapointer alarmack_op to see when the alarm is beeing acked by the operator and the areapointer alarmack_plc if you for some reason want to ackknowledge the alarm from the plc.

There are also other ways to trigger alarm on the op by using systemfunctions in the plc but the above described is the easiest.

clipboard01.jpg

Last edited: