kinetix 6000- messaging to the servo module failed

dcovemac

I follewed the exact moves to configure my drive (2094-ac09-m02) and motor (mpl-a310p -m)from the rockwell manual but keep getting the same message when arriving at the hookup part ("messaging to the servo module failed") test marker works, test feedback succeeds also, but test command and feedback gives this error.

I tried everything that came up in mind to get the thing moving. But with no result.

Direct motion commands work until I try to Jog. MSO gives no error.
MAJ gives an error: The command tried to execute on an axis whose servo loop is not closed.

Hardware enable is active and the bit comes high when applying voltage. But for some reason I can't seem to enable the drive.

The axis state stays "ready" while it should say enabled..

Has anyone experienced this before? I'm really stuck on this one..

Thx in advance

Sounds like you don't have the drive enable input (24Vdc to Terminal 2, I think).

I think you can also disable the need for this in RSlogix by going to the axis properties -> Drive/Motor Tab and unselecting the "Drive Enable Checking". I would not run the system that way, but rather use that as a test.

Thanks for the quick reply kekrahulik. 24V dc is actually applied to the enable input.
I also already tried unchecking the "drive enable checking" and just did it again with still the same result.. Still don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong.

Just brainstorming here...

Is there more than one drive/motor? If so, is it possible you have the wrong encoder hooked to the drive?

If the encoder is working properly, I think you should be able to manually rotate the motor and see the position change in Logix. Although I think that's what you do for the marker test - it passed the marker test - yes?

Try changing the drive polarity on the Hookup Tab. Any better results?

When you MSO, it completes normally, without error?

I assume it will not home?

Under the gains tab, make sure proportional gains are not zero.

Under the dynamics tab, make sure values are not zero.

Hello Kehrahulik,

Thx for the answer, got me thinking, indeed more than 1 drive in the rack which both had the same problem, an electrical issue at the E-S circuit was the cause. didn't notice since it was a test set up.

BR, thanks again.