long duration timer

70's tech

Direct soft DL440
Hello, I need a timer that will let me time a few minutes. This is what I came up with, is there a simpler way to do it? It causes problems in stage logic. The I-box would be nice, but I don’t have them.
SP1 |------------|
----||-------------------| TMR T0 |
| K120 |
|------------|
T0 K150 T0
-----|=|---------------------(RST)

Thanks,

The timers have a time base of 1/10th second. A preset of K120 is only 12 seconds. One minute would be a preset of K600, two minutes K1200 etc.

Yes, I need 1600, but for testing I didn't want to wait that long, so I set it for 120, I used that number when I copied the code to the web, sorry ofr the confusion.

This may be an artifact of your lower numbers but why are you testing for a value greater than the preset? Also, if used in a stage, if you JMP out of the stage (expecting the timer to reset) but then are back in on the next scan the timer won't reset. If you really need to do that reset the timer as part of the rung which JMPs to this stage.

The lower numbers don’t interfere with anything already there, I checked for that – but open to suggestions.
Testing for greater value – that is to give it a slight delay before it reset the counter, when set to the same number, I was missing pulses, the larger number worked great.
What I am looking for, is a pulse every three minutes that I can use in other processes.
Because I am using it throughout the program I cannot tie it to a specific stage.
I put it up in the first stage (ISG) which I thought was active every scan, but It won’t count. It worked great when I tested in a ladder without stages.

If it will always be used place it befor the first stage or in one that is always active. Place a NC of its contact in its enable line and set the preset to k1800. Use the timer contact wherever you want the trigger. It should be on for only one scan.

I loaded it into my lab PLC and it worked great, now to try it in the real world.

We have controllers that actually burn up from constant fluctuations in the analog output, the loop control timing isn't that critcal, so I will insert the timer in the analog output, to keep it from updating so frequently.

Thanks, for your help.