RS View Studio / User Account/Cannot see actual password just asterisks

Rob S.

I am making some adjustments to a RS View Studio ME application. I am not sure what the passwords are for each level. I am able to get into User Accounts and see the User Names but I only see asterisks for the passwords. How can I actually see what the passwords are. I know it is something simple , that I am missing.

Thanks for your help.

Passwords are meant to be know (seen) by the User only. You can see the User Name, ask them what their password is. Or if these are the Default Passwords, look them up in the documentation or reset them.
Bottom line is passwords are not designed to be seen, if this is possible the system is not very secure.

Last edited:
I would imagine that the developer of the application would have the option of choosing the user name and passwords.What if the operator has left the company , and nobody knows the password , it's seems only right that it would be in the development application and not in the runtime.

I was able to guess a few passwords and get into the other levels , but it just seems like the developer should see the passwords also , not only the user names.

Thanks for your help.

Passwords should not be visible to anyone, even admins. Give admins the ability to reset a password and that's it. If someone leaves the company, reset the password or delete/lock the account is standard practice.

Og