Visual Basic and SimaticNET

cif1983

Hello All,

I'm working on a service application to read data remotly from a SimaticNET OPC Server.

All DCOM settings are correct, since I can connect with the OPC Server.

Problem is that the PLC and SCADA systems aren't connected with a S7 Connection. So when I open OPC Scout, I can't see any connection from which I can read data.

ItemID S7:[S7 connection_1]:DB0,DBW0 is not working because there is no S7 Connection.

Is there a connectionstring to connect directly to the PLC without a S7 connection?

Thanks,

No, I dont think so.
A connection has to be setup in NetPro, and it must be downloaded to the "PC Station", and if its a fully configured connection also to the partner PLC CPU.

Similar Topics

Dear experts, I am want to program RS view32 with help of Microsoft visual basic (visual basic editor). But how to start I don't know,please...
Replies
Views
help How do I create Bidirectional Activex Connection Arrows? As per attached photo. How to Create RightoLeft Property in Visual Basic - Activex?
Replies
Views
I'm just trying to load from a text file into a string. I don't get why this doesn't work. Function LoadFile(FileName As String) As String()...
Replies
Views
Hello, Im trying to learn how to use VBA with factorytalk view so i can later design displays using tags from PLCs and im having some trouble...
Replies
Views
Hello there, world! The problem i'm facing up is about a registry I need to do in order to compare the set point versus the real variable I got...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom