RS5000 .L5X import noob

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I had a customer email me a .L5X file and said I had to import it into my program. So I created a program just to import that file and see what it is.

I THINK I have tried every sort of import for this. I have tried Data Type, Equipment Phase, Instruction, Program, Routine. I tried to import it as a hole program. When I try to import it as a Data, equipment, Inst.... I get an error "The specified .L5X file does not contain a Routine export" The only thing that changes is the name Routine , Data Type, Equipment Phase, etc.

Sorry I can't post the file I had to sign a NDA form.

Anybody got a suggestion of what to look at in the file to determine what it is?

It's a text file, so open it up and look at the header. The header contains no application data so posting it won't violate your NDA.

Is the *.L5X from the same major revision of RSLogix 5000 as you're importing it into ?

Just right click on the .l5x file and "open with" Logix5000. It should ask you where you want to save it.

Ken it is a rev 16. I cahnged the program rev from 17 to 16 and don't see where the import is now. I am sure it is just right in front of me. and I am missing it.

A friend of mine talked through it. It was just a couple of rung exported. Thanks for the help guys