Aceri

AndEdtec

I posted a thread a while ago about drawing packages, finaly i have pursuaded my boss to give me a budget for one. Have 99% percent decided on ACERI. It was just in my budjet. I have used autocad for dos some 8 years ago, I'm told ACERI is easy to use, Im anxious because my budget wont stretch to include the tech support which is almost as much as the software.

So thought I'd check with you guys that i'm doing the right thing!

Last edited:
Hi AndEdtec,

I have not yet purchased the Aceri Electrical Designer, however I have visited the company in Glasgow & Ireland for demostrations, Both times I was highly impressed with the packages and decided I would attempt to procure for my company. I 'm still wiating for the money men to say OK but it will be definatly the one best suited to us. I evaluated all the different makes at one time or another & obviously came to the same decision as you. (Formily an AutoCAD Man).

I would be very interested to hear about your usage of this if you indeed decide to go ahead,

Cheers

Mylo

I'm afraid to admit this in public but here it goes:

Some years ago I spent big bucks on Autocad and found I didnt have the time for the learning curve, create symbols etc..

What we ended up doing is creating macros in a spreadsheet, (lotus or Excell) for each symbol, Each cell can hold a symbol such a contact, coil etc horizontal, or vertical line etc. All the macros require one dual key stroke.

I am now stuck with this for all my electrical drawings until the end of time. As I copy a master file and make minor alterations from job to job.

They sell the core module for £995 , this does auto number,cross refs bill of m,aterials etc.
Then each module is an extra 500.

And you still need acad 2000i lt or above.

Back
Top Bottom