conversion from Panelview 1200 to Panelview Plus 1250

bansodevb

Hi,

I doing conversion from Panelview 1200 to Panelview Plus 1250.

I have open the project in PDS software. I couldn't understand tag addresses assign to the objects (eg. Numeric displays) It is something Like B 0 3 20/0 thru 20/15.

This panelview is communicating with PLC 5 PLC.

Can any one please help me with this.

Any have any document for programming Panelview 1200.

Thanks in Advance

HI,
B= block transfer data source type (vs assigned rack I/O type addressing)
O= block transfer type, O = write, I= read (PLC processors perspective)
3= block transfer number, three in this case, there could be several blocks. At least three in you case.
20= specific word of this block, don't forget, word zero is used.
/0 thru /15= the specific bits of word #20 that are used in this object. looks like a SLC word. PLC5 would be /0 thru/17 (Octal) if my memory is correct.

SO.. somewhere in the CPU there is a block transfer (write) that uses for instance say N10:0 thru N10:31 for a 32 word block that is written to the panel. The example object is word 20 so.. N10:19. I always get confused on the word number designation. Is word "N10:0" word #1 or is it word number zero? A quick look at the block transfers in the cpu should let you know what word this object is using. Write it down on a legal pad & keep a ledger of the addressed as they are discovered. You will soon be on your way to another project.

BD

HI,
B= block transfer data source type (vs assigned rack I/O type addressing)
O= block transfer type, O = write, I= read (PLC processors perspective)
3= block transfer number, three in this case, there could be several blocks. At least three in you case.
20= specific word of this block, don't forget, word zero is used.
/0 thru /15= the specific bits of word #20 that are used in this object. looks like a SLC word. PLC5 would be /0 thru/17 (Octal) if my memory is correct.

SO.. somewhere in the CPU there is a block transfer (write) that uses for instance say N10:0 thru N10:31 for a 32 word block that is written to the panel. The example object is word 20 so.. N10:19. I always get confused on the word number designation. Is word "N10:0" word #1 or is it word number zero? A quick look at the block transfers in the cpu should let you know what word this object is using. Write it down on a legal pad & keep a ledger of the addressed as they are discovered. You will soon be on your way to another project.

BD
HI BD

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please explain (D I 07 3 2 Dig ) what this address means.

thanks

VB

Hi,
D= Discrete I/O type (Rack assigned I/O)
I= Input from processors perspective
07= Rack #
3= Word#
2=Bit#

Search processor program for- I:073/2

BD