Omron NT20S-ST128?

The_Harlequin

Hello!

What software is needed to configure this panel? The NT Series Support Tool doesn't work (communication error when I try to transfer program). What is the difference between NT20S-ST121 and NT20S-ST128?

If someone know, please tell me ;-)

Yeah I have already looked in that manual, section 6 describe NT20S-ST128, but I don't understand it. What's the functions of these panels? I have put the panel into transfer mode, but when I transfer from NTST it doesn't communicate...

The cable I'm using works on NT20S-ST121. NT20S-ST128 don't use the same cable as NT20S-ST121??? Is it different? When I choose "Download NT-series Support Tool->PT" a message appear on the panel, "Support Tool -> PT", but then the message disappears and the support tool say "communication error" or something.

I see in the I/O-check menu that I can test the Tool I/F and RS-232C I/F, how should the loop-connector be connected? Is it enough to jumper RXD-TXD, RTS-CTS and DSR-DTR? And then I see if the RS232-port is broken.

I am trying to verify the ST128. I don't see it in my catalog.
However, if you go into the System Menu (touch two opposite screen corners). Choose Maintenance Mode and PT Settings. Pages 3 and 4 should show the setup of the serial ports.
To communicate with NTST, the setting needs to be NONE or Host Link. Also verify the baud rate, data, stop bits and parity.
Hope this will help.

Yeah I have already looked in that manual, section 6 describe NT20S-ST128, but I don't understand it. What's the functions of these panels? I have put the panel into transfer mode, but when I transfer from NTST it doesn't communicate...
Even I didn't understand anything after reading the manual. There must be some other way to find out about the Omron NT20S-ST128.

I have now tested everything, change baudrates, initialize memory. I want to do a system program download, but it doesn't work. I can't get the system menu, how do I erase the system program? I have pressed in the left upper corner during power on.

After an "Initialize memory" the panel is completely white. Normally after an Initialize memory it says "Use the NT Series Support Tool to download a program" or something, but not with this panel. The panel is maybe broken.

We had some problem a while ago with a old NT20S. This one regulates the climat in our paint department. All we wanted to do was set some values right. we tryed several options, but we could not connect to this panel, then we used a different laptop and there was the communication. After that we tryed to hook the first laptop back on the panel and it communicated to. We never found out what the problem was.

Last edited:
Hello!

What software is needed to configure this panel? The NT Series Support Tool doesn't work (communication error when I try to transfer program). What is the difference between NT20S-ST121 and NT20S-ST128?

If someone know, please tell me ;-)
Hi The_Harlequin
*NT20S-ST121--> Direct acess mode-->prog using window NTST-->no need to prog at PLC side
*NT20S-ST128-->Memory Link sometimes called also RS232 mode-->prog only using DOS NTSS-->we need to prog PLC/Host to send command to NT20S-ST128 ( see NT20S operation manual section 6 for command detail)

regards

Last edited: