PV1000 Download Issue

Mporter4

I have a PV1000 (2711-T10C8) FRN -3.11-3.29
I would like to download a new program.(I am able to upload via ethernet/DH+ Through a control logix plc)
when i down load I get to the compatibilty section and get an error?
I have also tried to go to the PV1000 from the rs232 port using just my serial port (com-1) cable 2711nc-11 with no sucess,also a 1747 UIC.(COM-6)
PV1000 Settings
node-2 baud 57.6k

am I using the correct cable?
any other tips?
thanks.;)

What does the error say.

If the RS232 port is not configured for a printer then you should be able to upload/download your program. I am not familiar with the 2711-NC11 but a straight thru cable is what you need AB part 2711-NC13 or any straight thru cable.. Using the DF1 driver in RSLinx should get you connected to the PV.

A 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485 converter it will not work with your PV's RS232 port.

Another option is to use a memory card to upload/download the program.

We had this problem awhile back, and we ended up using a GW1000 and a DigiOne IAP to solve the problem. The control logix backplane does not let a DH+/RIO card and an Ethernet/IP card work like a true gateway. Sorry I can't remember the details of why it only communicates in one direction, but we had similar problems getting a SLC 5/05 to talk to the same PanelView.

Just for fun I googled GW1000, and it looks like now they make a single device to translate DH+ into Ethernet/IP, "GW1000-DHPEIP"

As for the RS-232 connection, mak sure it is set up for RS232 and not DH485.

Last edited:
I have a PV1000 (2711-T10C8) FRN -3.11-3.29
I would like to download a new program.

when i down load I get to the compatibilty section and get an error?

any other tips?
thanks.;)

I may be wrong but
My take on this is you need to down load your program as version 3,
and your RS Studio version is not version 3,
but version 4 or 5 or 6

These versions can create the program you need but when you compile it for the PanelView it needs to compile as a version 3 which you need to select .

I may be wrong but
My take on this is you need to down load your program as version 3,
and your RS Studio version is not version 3,
but version 4 or 5 or 6

These versions can create the program you need but when you compile it for the PanelView it needs to compile as a version 3 which you need to select .

That PV Standard is not programmed with RS Studio - Panelbuilder32 is the right choice.

pv 1000

I have found a 2711-nc13 cable and i still cannot comunicate strait to the PV directly from my pc.

is it because the program loaded is looking at the data highway?
i have also verfied the version etc.on my panelbuilder32 software before i try and download.

i deleted all drivers in linx and added a df1>com-1>auotconfig..... then linx tells me it cannot confg.?

i will get a memory card but i'm not 100 percent sure what to get i have seen so many different numbers but it looks like AB PT# is a 2711-NMCC.
Is there a radio shack that will work?

Can you post the PV's program, zip it first.

Can you get to it's configuration screen and check to see if the printer/AUX port is configured for a printer and then change it there.

Your RS232 port may be configured for a printer, thereby disabling its ability to be used for file transfers. With the PV standard, for file transfers, I have two words that will make your life so much easier:

Memory Card

EDIT: I see the memory card option is already on your list of things to do...I use a PCMCIA adapter and compactflash cards (looking for links). Well, mine was discontinued by I would expect most any of these to work:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...0.0.0.0.162.486.4j2.6.0.ekh.1.0.0.1DYPtdj8Wuo
Along with any of these:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...ard+256mb&rh=i:aps,k:compact+flash+card+256mb

The smaller the better in my experience...and Sandisk brand hasn't failed me so far.

Last edited:
pv 1000

I got to the config screen and disabled it a long time ago.
i will try and zip that file shortly.
its just hard to believe I cannot communicate with my pc>to 2711-nc13>with df1.

Are you using a real serial port or a USB to serial adapter.

See picture below for how to get to the configuration screen without a "Go-To Config" button.

configscreen.jpg

Thanks for the correction jstolaruk

In PanelView standards, that communicates on DH+,
If you wish to write to the PanelView you need to be on the same section of the DH+ to do so,
even though it is possible to read thru a multi hop,
the write can not be multi hop,

found the issue

i was going to the panel view strait from my pc to the pv1000 rs232 and the driver kept failing.
found that there was a software that i was unaware of running on com-1.
shut it down and everything is good to go.

i still cannot get my 1747-uic to communicate with the unit though??

thanks for all the help.

As stated above the 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485 converter. It will only work when the protocol is DH485.

Good to hear you solved the problem though.