extract program out of dead screen red lion g306A

rigicon

Hi all,
I have a Red Lion G306A HMI. The screen power is on but the screen is black(backlight I suppose). Bought a new one and downloaded what we thought was the latest program using Crimson 2.0 but alas it is one revision to early. Getting in touch with our original contractor but could take a while.
I was wondering is there some sort of way like touch the 2 corners while booting etc that gets one into an extract program mode or is it a lost cause. Thanks any input will be much appreciated.

You can upload the application IF they selected support upload at they time they put it in.

When they update the software, they continue to make all of the previous builds available. Is it that you just didn't have the right build?

No memory card and I see the check box support upload. I am not sure if it was ticked at time of download or not. Yea we have the revision before some changes were made and obviously not the correct updated version.
Was wondering if some key presses on boot up would put me into some sort of coms - firmware - program upload - remembering that the screen is blank.

I haven't used Crimson 2, but with 3.0, you can see the firmware that is installed when powering up. Then you should just be able to upload it at any time. Link > Extract ...