RSlogix software purchasing help

Dorrance

Once again I am a newbie to PLC programming but I figure that my company has the software and is willing to let me figure it out.
I have a micro logix 1000 at home and have been practicing. Now I just acquired a SLC500.
I have a couple questions I’m hoping someone could help me with. I would like to buy software that can program all micro logix, SLC500, and PLC5 processors is this possible with one software or do you need multiple?
My second question is I am a working man and can’t afford a $10,000 software package also I don’t have near the skills to need it. So what software or software’s would be the best for a beginner that gets the best bang for the buck? So to speak.
If someone could help I would really appreciate it.
Also THX rikcando for the last program. Since that I have been writing counters, timers & things that seem simple to people on this site.

You are going to need RSLogix5 to program your PLC5's and RSLogix500 to program your SLC and MicroLogix.

Logix 500 starter appears to be about $700 list and Logix5 Standard is about $5500 list. The packages that I was looking at are:

Logix5: 9324-RL5300ENE
Logix500: 9324-RL0100ENE

I used the Product Configuration page to get the list price. You should get with your local distributor, they will help you pick what fits your needs.

Thanks for the info it is really useful I have one last question. I have RSLINX lite from the free download on Rockwell’s site. Will this communicate with SLC500 and Micrologix 1500 systems or just the MICROLOGIX 1000,1100?
THX for all the help.