1746-NI16I set up

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
Looking at setting up a 1746-NI16I class 3, I'm looking at the channel configuration word and have a few questions. Do I ignor bits 0,1 & 2 as they are for class 1 ?, ignor bit 3 as its not used?

If I wanted to set up channel 0 as a 4-20ma, PID would I write -32688 to input 0?

Why not let the software do that for you.

In I/O configuration hi-lite the module then click on Adv Config, then configure and configure the card as you want. The software will then create a configuration word if one does not already exit and place it in a ladder and rung you want. See picture below

configni16i.jpg

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I'm working on a converting SLC to ControlLogix project. I have a question about 1746-NI16I card. The AI card is Class 3...
Replies
Views
I have searched a bit and studied the users guide and I think I am close, but I must be missing something stupid. This is my first PLC experience...
Replies
Views
I've got to use a 1746-NI16I in a remote I/O chassis. Is there anywhere I can download the class 1 sample code that's shown in the user manual...
Replies
Views
:skuller:HELLLLO TO ALL, HERE IS THE PROBLEM I HAVE ENCLOSED A ZIPPED FILE FROM THIS APPLICATION. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS THAT THE STATUS LIGHT...
Replies
Views
Hi, how can i configure 1746-NI16I class3 analog input module? the needs are: 4-20 mA input Engineering unit data format i have read...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom